I
Today's ride from Beaune to Dijon was plan "B's" ride.I set the alarm for 6:15 AM so that I could catch a 7 AM bus that would take me into the country where I could connect with the Canal de Borgoyne and that would have given me about a 65 k ride back to Dijon. Spent some time and effort yesterday trying to organise this bus trip - you have to book ahead - any way the bus didn't show by 7:00, not running according to another bus driver.
I was a bit annoyed, swung plan "B" into action. Bought a ticket and was on the 7:08 train to Beaune, bike and all. Most trains will accept bikes and have a special area where they are stowed, very easy after the first time!
As you can see I had a very pleasant breakfast in Beaune before heading back to Dijon.
Nuits St George
The riding was easy, some small hills, but nothing testing. The legs have certainly recovered from last weeks Gastro thing.
I have driven this route a few times before over the years and I have always had in the back of my mind that I would love to ride a bike through these vineyards. It was every bit as magical as I had imagined and I didn't taste a single wine.
The photos don't really show how spectacular they looked.
The vineyards were very busy, lots of spraying, pruning, weeding and training the vines.
Gevrey Chambertin, these geranium plants were just being hung (in plastic bags) all around the village
The photos don't really show how spectacular they looked.
The town hall in..........?
A bit over 50 kilometres today on the bike, a good ride and It was nice to see close up where some of the wines we have drunk over the last few years have come from.








No comments:
Post a Comment