.

.

Saturday, June 4, 2016

New bike



Picked up my new bike last night with help from my friend Ross. No drama no fuss a young chap in the bike shop spoke very good English. A lot easier than getting them to answer their emails when I was trying to order the bike from Oz. They were very helpful and charming.

Poor Ross, we couldn't order a maxi taxi to take us and the bike, so I left him waiting for a cab while I jumped on the new bike and peddled the 3 k's back to the hotel. Easily back before him, thanks for the help Ross, my shout next.




Fitted my pedals and made a few adjustments to the bike and managed a short ride first thing this morning. Nice to be back on the bike again, especially in Dijon, it all felt very familiar. Hopefully I will get in a few rides in the next couple of weeks before Ken and Des arrive.

Fortunately the weather has improved today, sunny early (first time since we arrived) and now overcast, but dry.
France has just had its wettest May in 100 years.

A free day in Dijon today, looking forward to refamilerising ourselves with the city.




No comments:

Post a Comment